Health & Safety Policy
Health and safety is our prime consideration. Our management recognises the importance of and are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all our employees in the workplace and anyone affected during any work we undertake on site.
We consistently maintain the highest possible Health and Safety standards in the best interests of our workforce and customers. All of our operatives have achieved “Working Safety in M & E” qualifications and have SKILLcard/CITB certificates. We are REFCOM registered and all of our engineers hold individual registration. Our engineers are trained in-house on providing quality work carried out in a safe and efficient manner, to result in total customer satisfaction. Such thorough training enables us to work safely in a range of environments including laboratories, hospitals, airports, computer rooms, schools and universities.
We consider ongoing training all important and to this end employ outside professional advisors to keep the company up to date with the latest legislation and consequently we frequently exceed the legislative requirements.
We routinely complete risk assessments and method statements prior to the commencement of work.
Watford Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Limited takes its responsibility with regard to environmental issues seriously. We comply with various aspects of regulatory requirements including:
- segregation and storage of wastes and appropriate waste disposal
- safe refrigerant recovery and processing
Watford Refrigeration & Air Conditioning is licensed to carry hazardous waste and is certified with the Environmental Agency.
SECTION 1 - HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY GENERAL STATEMENT
It is the Company's policy to do all that is reasonably practicable to protect the Health & Safety of all employees whilst at work and that of the members of the public or contractors in so far as they come into contact with the Company's activities and premises.
The Directors and Management of the Company have the responsibility, as far as reasonably practicable, to ensure:-
- The provision and maintenance of plant and systems of work that are safe and without risks to health.
- Safety and the absence of risks to health in connections with the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances.
- Provision of instructions, information, training and supervision necessary to ensure Health & Safety of all employees.
- The provision and maintenance of a safe place of work and safe access to and departure from that place of work.
- The provision of a working environment that is safe and without risks to health.
- The provision of adequate welfare facilities and arrangements.
- Compliance with all relevant statutory requirements for health, safety and welfare.
The Company will monitor its management of Health & Safety in a planned manner and ensure that information is fed back to all levels of management.
The Directors of the Company will ensure that:
- Managers are aware of their own responsibilities for Health & Safety
- Employees are aware that they are required to work safely and to co-operate with managers in all matters that affect their Health & Safety at work.
Having defined the Company's responsibilities, it is important to recognise that all employees have a statutory obligation and responsibility to co-operate in the maintenance of healthy and safe working conditions (Section 7 of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974). In short, Health & Safety is the responsibility of all employees, at all levels.
It cannot be stressed enough therefore, that the Company Health & Safety Policy has to be a meaningful document and one that must be fully implemented. To do this requires the co-operation of everyone and enthusiasm in meeting the requirements of this Policy document.
This policy will be revised: when there are major changes in the size and nature of the business, when necessary to take into account new legislation, and following any significant health and safety-related incident or near-miss. To ensure that the policy remains up-to-date, it will be formally reviewed at least once per year.
Name: Alex Oliver
Title: Managing Director